Most customers shared various positive experiences on their overall hotel stay but the some issues may arise from unexpected source and that is your hotel system.
Mishandling of any hotel system can be disastrous to your business. Using a property management system means relaying 80% of your business transactions and operations done by your software. At the end of the day, messed up systems can directly and indirectly affected the customers experience that thus directly affecting the customer satisfaction. Below are the given factors that might compromise your system and business.
- Misuse of the systems’ flow and input. Some cases wherein hotel system users may have forgotten the systems flow or inputted wrong data to the systems’ field and forms without knowing that act may affect the future calculations and queries of the system. Having wrong inputs or not following the systems work flow may cause errors that results to erroneous reports and receipts. Hotels may loose credibility because of incorrect presentation of data in the forms of receipts and guest may have to sit back and wait for the data to be fixed sacrificing their time or schedule. Imagine if you have great number of guest that needs immediate check out and your data needs data fixing. That is scary.
- Unstable Hotel System. Most computer systems have their own maturity status that can be achieved at some point in time. This means if the system is just new, there a big possibility that it contains errors and bugs that could affect the systems performance and hotel operations as a whole. This factor is worst than the first because we are talking about discontinued operations shifting to manual transactions.
The two factors above can be prevent as long as you educate the system user and make sure that your hotel system has already reached it maturity status, in which can only be attained by years of continues development and research.
Latest posts by Jojo Balagosa (see all)
- Features You Need from Any Hotel Management Software - November 13, 2017
- Importance of a good Inventory System for your business - November 13, 2017
- Basic Functions of Property Management System to Look for - November 13, 2017