Hotel Folio is a general term for all types of folio in hotel operations. There are four types of folio that most hotels have.
Types of Hotel Folio:
- Guest Folio – an account associated with a single hotel guest. All transactions between the hotel and the guest are recorded into the guest folio. All single guest information is also saved into the guest folio.
- Master Folio – is a collection of sub-folios and can be associated with a single guest or group of guests. For a master folio with a single guest, is it composed of all guest folios registered for a single guest. For master folio with groups, is collection of guest folios registered to multiple guest.
- Non-guest or Semi-Folio – is a hotel folio that contains records of a walk-in customer that is non-staying and non-guest with transactions between the hotel like renting the hotel amenities such as pools.
- Employee Folio – is an account connected with the hotel employee, all transactions between the hotel and the employee are being saved into the guest folio.
Most Hotel folios are being used by night audit. Most hotels that uses PMS like hotel management system, have significantly reduced the amount of time spent during the night auditing of city ledger and guest ledgers.
Latest posts by Jojo Balagosa (see all)
- Features You Need from Any Hotel Management Software - November 13, 2017
- Importance of a good Inventory System for your business - November 13, 2017
- Basic Functions of Property Management System to Look for - November 13, 2017